Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The sincerest form of flattery

My Buddy the Gun Enthusiast has done several movie posts over at his place, and I like the format so much I thought I would swipe it for this post.


MAN on FIRE

MSJ Rating: 10 of 10
(It is my favorite.)

John Creasy is a man who has done terrible  things for King and Country, His deeds weight heavy on his soul, and he studies the bible and drinks to try to numb himself.  While visiting Mexico he is persuaded to take a job as the bodyguard of Pita Ramos the daughter of a rich family in Mexico City.

Over time Pita and Creasy bond and they all live happily ever after.

Not even close...




From the Internet Movie Firearms Database:




"And they're gonna wish they never touch a hair on her head"






I must confess I am at odds with the imfdb here.  I was sure Creasy started out with a Glock 17L, then switched to a Glock 34 after the target gun had a light primer strike. I also thought their was a model 19 in the mix near the end of the movie.


It is a sticky wicket for me because I went out and bought the 17L cause Denzel is a badass. 
(It's not really a problem, I love the 17L.)  


So which is it?


http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/b/b9/Manonfire_G34_1.jpg

It doesn't help that the 34 shows up in the seen pictured above so either I am completely wrong or both guns are cut into the seen.

Even more confusing is that it seems to be a 34 slide on a Gen2 frame (as imfdb notes). Strange because the 34 was only made as a Gen3  (now Gen4) gun.


So 17L? or 34? What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Great movie! I wish all the gun bloggers would post movie reviews in hopes that one might get a good review that I have NOT seen and should!

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miller- Have you seen Fido?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2rlszMJc8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anyone ID Creasy's Knife???
    I was thinking Al Mar but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely one of my favorite Denzel Washington movies. Hell, I might watch it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the movie that reminds me that there are people in this world that you never ever want to have mad at you.

    :-)
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshkie - Yeah, I feel like this is the kind of whoopass Breda would unleash if you pissed her off badly enough.

    ReplyDelete

Any Comment may be nuked from orbit.