Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Act of Valor

Today you can go out and buy Act of Valor on DVD or Blu-ray.

And I suggest you go do so if you want to encourage them to make another movie.

In lieu of my own review,  I'll quote the world famous Tam:

 The plot is not Hitchcockian: Some bad guys are going to try and do bad things to America. A bunch of SEALs are attempting to stop them, mostly by shooting them in the face.
 
I am so used to watching gun handling in movies and thinking "You're Doing It Wrong!" that it was refreshing to see one that made me think "Huh. I'm Doing It Wrong."


I will also link  this review of the Blu-ray.  I assume it has more special features (I'll check that in the store).

Special Features:

audio commentary
six deleted scenes
introduction to the film by its directors
Seven of the Navy SEALs give brief interviews
“The Making of Act of Valor”
“Real Bullets”
“Real SEALs: Real Tactics”
“Silent Warriors” (heh...)

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely buying this 'un on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Available... Where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen it yet, but I'll definitely have to buy it on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Any Comment may be nuked from orbit.